Los Tuneles Full Day Tour on Isabela Island
Duration: 6 hours
Departure time: 8am or 11am
Departure point: Villamil Port (Isabela Island)
Snorkeling under lava tunnels with turtles, rays, fishes and sharks.
What you’ll se at Los Tuneles Tour
Los Tuneles Cabo Rosa tour take place in a collapsed lava formations under and above the sea which give us a unique scenery to explore the calm waters and appreciate nature. In this tour you’ll be able to swim under lava tunnels while watching amazing sealife enjoying as much as you the clear calm waters of Isabela Island.
Our first stop after navigating will be Roca Union, a huge rock in the middle of the sear where pelicans, blue footed boobies and sea lions rest and take a sunbath. We’ll stop there for a few minutes to take a good look of these endemic species.
Then, we’ll continue our navigation for around 45 minutes towards Los Tuneles Cabo Rosa. There, we’ll hop off to take a walk above the tunnels and discover this unique volcanic land. An authorized bilingual guide will join us and explain how this lava tunnels were formed and some interesting facts about the Galapagos Islands.
Snorkel at Los Tuneles Galapagos
After the walk above the lava tunnels its time to take a look under water. Well dip in to the water and swim around the tunnels with some playfull sealions, sharks, rays, turtles and starfishes. Don’t worry about the sharks, they are used to see humans and have plenty of fish to eat so they wont even mind about you. Plus, you’ll always be in company of an authorized guide that will make sure you are always safe.
Aditional information and recommendations
- Navigation may be a little shaky, so if you tend to get sick on boats we recommend to take a pill for seasickness before the tour.
- The boat is for a maximum of 12 people
- The tour includes lunch. We usually serve it at the boat after the snorkeling session.
- This tour is available all year, everyday. However this is a high demandaded tour so we recommend to book in advance, therefore you may not be lucky enough to book it.
- Bring sportive comfortable shoes.
- This is not a tour for kids under 2 years.